Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chopped Salad

Clearly winter is still not over, thanks to that blasted groundhog, but my taste buds are beginning to tell me it’s time for spring. I’ve been craving salads. New beginnings, fresh, clean, light, deliciousness. Fooling the tongue is really hard to do when outside feels like the inside of a subzero freezer. So, I decided to try out this salad recipe I found in the Los Angeles Times and give my taste buds a happy.  What can I say except viva la spring!

Chopped Salad
Adapted from The Los Angeles Times
Serves 6

Dressing:

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Salad:

2 head radicchio, cored and finely chopped
2 heads romaine lettuce, finely chopped
1 ¼ lbs cooked chicken breasts, cut into ½” dice
1 Fuji apple, cored and cut into ¼ inch dice
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
Freshly ground pepper


Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients with a whisk. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.



Place all salad ingredients except pepper in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Season with pepper and toss again. Divide salad onto 6 dinner plates and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment